No Current Champions
As a hotelier in Arlington County, your hotel can be recognized and rewarded for your dedication to sustainable transportation programs.
Through your partnership with Arlington Transportation Partners (ATP), your company will see immediate benefits, including:
- Recruitment and retention of employees
- Operational cost savings
- Improved employee health, well-being, and productivity
- Competitive advantage and increased marketability
- Environmental stewardship
As a Hotels Champion, you’ll receive great perks and opportunities to be featured around the County. Every Champion is recognized and rewarded; however, the higher your level, the more benefits your company receives.
Learn more: 2018 Hotels Champions | Criteria | Blogs
2018 Hotels Champions
Enrollment for Champions 2018 is closed. We are excited to continue to work with properties to take each Champion to the next level in 2019.
The Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport not only offers luxury accommodations in the heart of the Washington DC metro region, but easy access via the public transportation system to the nation’s best monuments, local fine dining and high-end shopping as well. Hyatt Regency Crystal City employees take advantage of a shuttle to the Crystal City Metro station, a pre-tax benefit, and participate in health and wellness programs including National Walking Day.
Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport is located just one mile from Reagan National Airport (DCA) and offers a free airport shuttle to hotel guests and employees. The Crystal City Marriott also offers a covered underground walkway to Metrorail making it very convenient to access both the Pentagon and Arlington National Cemetery. The Crystal City Marriott first joined Champions in October of 2017 by successfully hosting a follow-up meeting with ATP and achieving all the goals that they set for themselves earlier in the year. The hotel distributes a variety of brochures along with quick glances and information on the Guaranteed Ride Home to all associates. The hotel also actively promotes Capital Bikeshare and a variety of public transportation options including bus and rail services. The Crystal City Marriott is on its way to leveling up after the hotel invited ATP out to attend a benefits event. We are excited and looking forward to seeing what’s ahead for the hotel.
Crystal Gateway Marriott is perfectly situated minutes from Washington, DC and less than one mile from Reagan National Airport, with an interior corridor that connects to the Crystal City Metro. The Crystal Gateway Marriott is a very engaged in Champions after hosting an enrollment meeting with ATP. Since then, the hotel has been proactively distributing brochures, quick glances, Guaranteed Ride Home info cards as well as promoting Capital Bikeshare and other sustainable transit options such as bus and rail. The hotel has taken an aggressive approach to level up during this Champions year and are well on their way to being a Silver Champion by inviting ATP to table at a benefits event and successfully participating in and promoting Car Free Day. Since tabling at the benefits event, the hotel is currently working with ATP to create a density plot map to identify mode opportunities for employees.
The Hilton Garden Inn in Courthouse is a model employer that goes above and beyond when it comes to considering transportation options for employees and guests. The hotel joined Champions at the Bronze Level and has set an ambitious plan for rising to the Platinum Level before the year end. The big challenge will be getting a transit benefit in place but management at the hotel is engaged and recognizes the numerous benefits that come along with simplified commuting. ATP’s customized Quick Glance is very popular with the front desk staff – they use it all the time to assist hotel guests with their transportation questions! The hotel already has flex time, telework and gym expense reimbursement policies in place so the future certainly looks bright for the Hilton Garden Inn in Courthouse!
The Hilton Garden Inn Shirlington hotel is conveniently located off I-395 in Shirlington Village. This neighborhood features shops, 20 different restaurants highlighting world cuisines, and the Tony Award-winning Signature Theatre. Within a five-mile radius of the hotel are attractions such as the Pentagon, Arlington National Cemetery, Old Town Alexandria and numerous historic sites in the nation’s capital, Washington DC. Almost all of the Hilton Garden Inn Shirlington’s employees receive a transit subsidy, can use the hotel shuttle, showers and bike facilities, and some transportation information in Spanish and Amharic is available as well. In addition, the Hilton Garden Inn Shirlington was designated a Best Workplaces for Commuters in 2013.
The Holiday Inn Arlington is located in Ballston, just three blocks from the Metro Station. The Holiday Inn offers guests and employees a variety of transit options such as Metrorail, Metrobus, ART and Capital Bikeshare. They also offer a complimentary shuttle service to the Metro for guests and visitors.
Hyatt Place Arlington/Courthouse Plaza is situated in Arlington’s Courthouse urban village, walking distance to restaurants, shopping, entertainment, and a range of transportation options including the Courthouse Metro stop. Washington D.C. is a quick 10 minute journey from our front door via metro. Reagan Washington National Airport is only a few stops from the Courthouse Metro. This new eight-story hotel, with 168 rooms and two suites, is a LEED Gold certified. Hyatt Place Arlington prides itself on its sustainable transportation amenities, including bicycle storage for employees and guests, and a transportation benefit for employees.
Conveniently located just minutes from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport and a slew of transportation options, the Hilton Crystal City at Washington Ronald Reagan National Airport is no stranger to all things transit. You can find out more about the location here.
The Holiday Inn Rosslyn – Key Bridge hotel is conveniently located one block from the Rosslyn Metro Station, several bus routes, the Custis & Mount Vernon shared-use trails, and several Capital Bikeshare stations. The hotel’s guest services team actively promotes sustainable transportation through the promotion of Guaranteed Ride Home, Metrorail, and Capital Bikeshare. Arlington Transportation Partners (ATP) has worked closely with the Holiday Inn Rosslyn’s guest service agents and has participated in various events and wellness fairs, providing employees of the hotel with information about transportation for themselves and visitors.
After completing BRONZE, SILVER, and GOLD Levels, complete this action:
- Share or update your property’s transportation success story, quote, or building highlight
Complete three additional actions:
- Complete four additional GOLD or SILVER Level items (at least two must be GOLD Level)
- Offer a direct or combination transportation benefit
- Complete follow-up actions identified from transportation survey results and goals
- Form a new vanpool or add three riders to existing vanpools via Vanpool Connect
- Awarded Bicycle Friendly Business designation
- Provide rental bikes to guests at no charge
- Sponsor an ATP event
Champions 2018 activities must be completed by November 30, 2018.
After completing BRONZE and SILVER Levels, complete three actions:
*Site plan properties must be in compliance with County requirements to achieve Gold Level or higher.
- Conduct an employee transportation survey, discuss Modeify and transportation goals
- Offer up to $260/month pre-tax transportation benefit
- Offer a pre-tax parking benefit, instead of free parking
- Host vanpool formation meetings
- Set up a carsharing (Zipcar, car2go) or ride hailing service (Uber, Lyft) business account
- Provide free non-mandated SmarTrip cards for new employees
- Provide annual Capital Bikeshare corporate memberships
- Provide shuttle service to transit or subsidize/extend a current transit route
- Awarded a Commuter Connections Employer Recognition Award
- Promote and provide an online rate offering for one of the following transportation options
- 24-Hour Capital Bikeshare passes
- SmarTrip cards
- Additional unique program as determined by ATP representative
After completing BRONZE Level, complete three actions:
- Awarded Best Workplaces for Commuters designation
- Invite ATP to present at a daily executive or all staff meeting
- Adopt an ART bus stop
- Provide secure indoor bike parking for employees and visitors
- Provide locker, shower, and changing room facilities on site or subsidize local gym memberships
- Invite ATP to a wellness or benefits event
- Invite ATP to conduct a Front Office transportation training
- Participate in/promote at least one of the following events
- National Walking Day (April)
- Bike to Work Day (May)
- Our Shared Street Pop-Up (August)
- Car Free Day (September)
- Participate in at least one ATP program
- Density map
- Feedback survey
- Focus group
Complete these actions:
- Host an enrollment and a follow-up Champions meeting
- Establish a Hotel Transportation Coordinator (HTC) for the property
- Distribute transportation brochures, Quick Glances, and Guaranteed Ride Home information to employees and visitors
- Promote at least two transportation options or programs to employees
- Capital Bikeshare
- Carsharing/On-demand services
- Public transportation
- Vanpool Connect