No Current Platinum Champions
As an employer in Arlington, Virginia your business can be recognized and rewarded for your dedication to sustainable transportation programs.
Through your partnership with Arlington Transportation Partners (ATP), your company will see immediate benefits, including:
- Recruitment and retention of employees
- Operational cost savings
- Improved employee health, well-being, and productivity
- Competitive advantage and increased marketability
- Environmental stewardship
As an Employer Champion, you’ll receive great perks and opportunities to be featured around the County. Every Champion is recognized and rewarded; however, the higher your level, the more benefits your company receives.
Learn more: 2019 Employer Champions | Criteria | Blogs
Enrollment for Champions 2019 is open. Fill out the 5-minute application form for employers located in Arlington, Virginia.
The Air Force Aid Society (AFAS) supports Airmen and enhances the Air Force mission by providing emergency financial assistance, educational support, and community programs. AFAS is also committed to providing the best experience for employees. To this end, they provide a monthly subsidy for commuting by transit, $500 annual fitness center reimbursement as well as on-site shower facilities, and a formal telework program with over 80% employee participation. With 42% of staff choosing a mode other than driving alone to work, they are an example of what makes Arlington County a great place to work.
PBS and its member stations are America’s largest classroom, the nation’s largest stage for the arts and a trusted window to the world. In addition, PBS’s educational media helps prepare children for success in school and opens up the world to them in an age-appropriate way. PBS offers Capital Bikeshare corporate memberships, promotes biking and walking year around and engages employees in numerous other wellness programs.
Airlines Reporting Corporation (ARC) is a technology solutions company providing transaction settlement and data information services. Airlines, travel agencies, Corporate Travel Departments (CTD), railroads, and other travel suppliers process more than $84 billion annually through ARC’s world-class settlement system – making it the financial backbone of travel distribution.
Cadmus is a true Champion and offers a ton in the ways of transportation benefits. They have essential bike commuter amenities like showers and locker rooms and even offer their regular bike commuters a $100/year stipend for maintenance and repair on their bikes. Cadmus has many of the bronze and silver tier Champions requirements checked off so they are now looking to solidify their gold requirements. Given their bike amenities and transit benefit, the company is pursuing Bicycle Friendly Business and Best Workplaces for Commuters designations.
EagleBank was founded on the realization that banks were largely failing their communities because they were simply not part of them. With the desire to change that they started a new standard for banking and have become the go-to-community bank in Maryland, Virginia and Washington, DC. Located a block from the Ballston Metro Station, EagleBank offers its customers a variety of services that include online and mobile banking, commercial loans & lines of credit and treasury management.
HDR is an architectural, engineering and consulting firm. HDR recently located in Clarendon and offers their employees robust transportation benefits that includes a combination of a direct and pre-tax transit subsidy, flexible work hours and an informal telework policy. In their effort to make commuting easy for their employees, HDR has installed a transit screen to share information about the available transit option in real-time.
The National Association of Chain Drug Stores is a relatively recent addition to the Arlington business community and chose its current office in Rosslyn largely due to its proximity to both the Rosslyn and Courthouse Metro stations. While in Alexandria, NACDS offered free parking to employees but they have switched to paying $75/month toward employees’ parking costs and $130/month toward employees’ SmartBenefits transit accounts. NACDS is a role model for how to begin to shift company culture away from drive-alone commuting and toward a holistic view that considers all modes of commuting. In addition to its stellar transit benefit, the company also offers an informal telework policy, flex time scheduling, and invaluable bike amenities like secure storage, lockers, and showers.
Ramboll Enivron is the premier global consultancy, working with clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and safety issues and attain their sustainability goals. Ramboll Enivron provides a pre-tax transit benefit to employees, showers and bike racks for their bike commuters, promotes health and wellness through their participation in Walk at Lunch Day and shares information about alternative transportation options in the office.
The American Waterways Operators is the national advocate for the U.S. tugboat, towboat and barge industry, which serves the nation as the safest, most environmentally friendly, and most economical mode of freight transportation. AWO promotes the long term economic soundness of the industry and works to enhance its ability to provide safe, efficient, and environmentally responsible transportation.
Despite having a small office of only around 20 employees, AWO has shown a commitment to providing the benefits and resources to improve their employees’ commutes. The organization provides direct transit subsidy of up to $130 a month, which half of the staff takes advantage of. There are also showers and bike racks available to use for bike commuters, and the office often participates in events such as Walk at Lunch Day to promote health and wellness among employees.
The Common Application is a not-for-profit membership organization committed to providing reliable services that promote equity, access and integrity in the college application process. The employees at The Common Application enjoy a variety of transportation benefits such as a pretax transit benefit, flexible time/staggered work schedule, informal telework and more.
After completing BRONZE, SILVER, and GOLD Levels, complete three additional actions:
- Complete four additional GOLD or SILVER Level items (at least two must be GOLD Level)
- Offer a direct or combination transportation benefit
- Utilize Modeify to identify commuting opportunities at your worksite
- Implement a new program or benefit, based on transportation survey
- Complete a comprehensive, research-based case study
- Form a new vanpool or add three riders to existing vanpools via Vanpool Connect
- Provide or subsidize shuttle service, current transit route, or Capital Bikeshare station
- Provide a financial incentive for biking and/or walking
- Achieve or maintain a Bicycle Friendly Business designation
- Refer a new employer to Champions and receive credit after their enrollment meeting
- Sponsor an ATP event
- Install transportation display and/or real-time digital screen
Champions 2019 activities must be completed by November 29, 2019.
After completing BRONZE and SILVER Levels, complete three actions:
*Site plan properties must be in compliance with County requirements to achieve Gold Level or higher.
- Conduct an employee commute and benefits survey, discuss recommendations
- Offer up to $265/month pre-tax transportation benefit
- Create or maintain a formalized telework program
- Host vanpool formation meetings
- Provide lockers and showers in office suite or subsidize gym memberships for active commuters
- Offer a year-round 4/10 or 9/80 compressed work schedule
- Provide annual Capital Bikeshare corporate memberships
- Have ATP host a training for managers at your worksite
- Invite a colleague from another Arlington County business to an ATP educational event
- Achieve a Commuter Connections Employer Recognition Award
- Additional unique program as determined by ATP representative
After completing BRONZE Level, complete three actions:
- Pilot a telework program
- Offer equitable benefits for parking and transit
- Achieve a Best Workplaces for Commuters designation
- Offer a seasonal compressed work schedule or early release
- Allow commuters free access to showers and lockers
- Set up a carsharing (Zipcar, car2go, etc.) discount for employees
- Set up a Lyft or Uber business account
- Adopt an ART bus stop
- Share Champions logo and sustainable transportation initiatives on company website
- Provide free SmarTrip cards for new employees
- Invite ATP to a wellness or benefits fair
- Have ATP host an employee event at your worksite
- Participate in/promote at least one of the following events
- National Walking Day (April)
- Bike to Work Day (May)
- Our Shared Street Pop-Up (August)
- Car Free Day (September)
- Participate in at least one ATP program
- Commute map
- Feedback survey
- Focus group
Complete these actions:
- Host an enrollment and a follow-up Champions meeting
- Distribute employee transportation packets
- Promote at least two transportation options or programs to employees
- Capital Bikeshare
- Public transportation
- Vanpool Connect
Champions will receive the following Level specific rewards for their level of participation in 2019. Champions 2019 activities must be completed by November 29, 2019.
- Invitation to our annual Champions banquet
- Featured Champion on ArlingtonTransportationPartners.com
- Access to Champions toolkit (logos, press releases, case studies)
- Receive framed Champions award certificate and decal
- Invitation to ATP networking events
- Social media support on Twitter and Facebook
- All BRONZE Level rewards
- Recognition in WTOP publication
- Recognition from local Business Improvement District
- Recognition in Arlington Chamber of Commerce’s Arlingtonian newsletter
- All BRONZE and SILVER Level rewards
- Recognition in an Arlington Economic Development Publication
- Opportunity to be featured as Champion of the Month on ArlingtonTransportationPartners.com
- Recognition in Washington Business Journal
- Recognition on LinkedIn
- All BRONZE, SILVER, and GOLD Level rewards
- Exclusive invite to and recognition at annual Arlington County Board Meeting
- Recognition in County-wide press release
- Recognition in Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) publication
- Recognition of business in/on transit and associated locations